Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 59: Bottling Beer

2/8/12
My first batch of Irish Stout is now two weeks old. Today was bottling day. I siphoned off a pint to test while completing the bottling preparations. I know it is way too early, but the sample tasted good, hefty and bittersweet, like dark caramel. I’m looking forward to the finished product.
I think the most difficult thing about the beer making process has been the bottling. I needed an extra couple of hands to help get the beer in the bottle. I recruited Garret. I suppose recruiting my kid to make my beer eliminates me from the Mother-of-the-Year race, but I probably wasn’t a contender anyway.
The next step is to hurry up and wait. The bottled beer needs to rest in my coat closet for another two weeks. Fortunately, I’ll be out of country during this time, so that will keep me from prematurely popping a top. It’s a solid plan just as long as Garret doesn’t raid my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment